February 25, 2014

Thrift Store Gems

I was really busy this weekend. A really good friend - Gigi (names have been changed to protect others) - and I went on a Thrift Store shopping spree. We really had a good time. And I was treated to lunch/dinner combo. Pizza!!!! Yeah. RoundTable no less. More on that later.

I wish I had pictures to share but I need to work on remembering to take them when I am out and about.

I have to admit that I am not a frequent visitor to thrift shops. So this was a novelty for me. I am more of the Target/WalMart or JC Penney's/Macy's kind of shopper. I know that those stores themselves are in different leagues, but I like to have variety.

Now, I had cleaned out one closet about a year ago and had the donation clothing in my trunk. Just in case I actually stopped by a drop-off location when I am out and about someday. I am prepared that way. Unfortunately the only drop-off locations I came across were always across the street from where I was. Ok, so I only noticed them when they were across the street from where I was. Yes, I carried those clothes for year. Hey out of sight ...  Well they are at Goodwill now. 

Gigi and I were shopping and I was so surprised at the variety of the items offered. I expected all the clothes but not such nice ones. I was actually looking at a nice pair of slacks for work. Along with a nice pair of shoes. I have a new place to shop now. Who would have thunk? As my mother says anyway.  I even found a Pyrex bowl that they don't make anymore that I love. $1.99. Score!!! A pepper grinder for $4.99 that I had just priced at the Target/WalMark variety type of store for $19.99. Nice. And they take Credit Cards. I didn't have to have cash - does anyone carry cash anymore? 

So after such a successful venture at Goodwill off we went to another more local thrift store. About half the size of the Goodwill but it's in a former nightclub that my other friend (Elle) and I used to frequent in our younger days. Ahhh the memories.

That was a fund time too. Found different things and a of all things a sauce pan that I once had. Gigi found some planters.  I was surprised at the variety and quality of things in both stores. I am definitely hooked on thrift store shopping. Now to find more. 



No comments: