February 20, 2014

I am a Mean Girl!

I went to a concert once (Heart - love those ladies). I feel like I could be Lindsey Lohan in Mean Girls. Not really but wait you'll see.

Let's set the stage. By this time I was seasoned concert goer. I knew the ins and outs of attending the outside amphitheater that we had. It was small, it held only 10,000 or so. I had my best location to stand with the best view for me. I am short (5' 2") so it was always a challenge to find someplace where I could see the stage. Well I found this one spot on the left side on a bit of rise. It was out of the way for the most part and I didn't get knocked around a whole lot and it had a really good view of the stage. It was about even with the sound board so not too far back. It was my spot. I stood there at every concert. My friends would go up front but I had my spot. 

Well it was August and HOT and muggy. The concert was sold out. My friend Elle (not her real name but she likes this name so we will go with it) and I got to the concert in plenty of time and she stayed with me for the opening act then went up front as usual. We would meet up later. So there I was and Heart had just come on stage. I am pumped. I am so excited and ready to enjoy the music and the experience. 

There was this girl in front of me with two really tall gentlemen. (I called them trees since they blocked my view substantially.) She was (well probably still is) very pretty with long curly dark brown hair. We are at a concert so we look our best being girls and basically in competition with each other for the guys. So she had on (like me) a ton of AquaNet (hair spray of choice for all my young adulthood and still now too). 

Well she must have been having an argument with the trees. They kept coming and going and she was constantly looking back over my shoulder for them. Then she would turn back around but her hair would swing and more often than not hit me in the face. Ouch. She had a thick head of hair. Also she kept moving in front of me. I would dodge left and so would she. Then I would move right and so would she. I really couldn't see at all. I was craning my neck and very uncomfortable. 

So I moved out of my little mound and went to other side where I found an opening. And wouldn't you believe it but she AND her two tree showed up right in front of me again. Well then I thought she isn't at my spot so off I go to reclaim MY spot. Aha! I can enjoy the rest of this concert. By this time with all the music and bodies and yelling and ... well you know it was HOT. I was sweating. There is no other way to say it. And it was sticky sweat too. But hey I am at a cool concert so I ignore it. 

Then, you guessed it. Little miss I-have-an-attitude shows up again. Parks right in front of me. We are back to where we started. Swinging her hair in my face, etc.  

It's the end of the concert. I have had to work harder at this concert than any other I have been to enjoy it. I am hot and sticky and cranky. Well sure enough little miss Attitude turns around, looks me straight in the eye, looks me down and then back up and has a look on her face that says EWE, then turned back around and deliberately flipped her substantial long hair across my face. Not only ouch but that's IT. I'm done. 

I had a lighter in my hand and as of it's own volition - without my conscious thought - it came up and I ... and I ... started the lighter and ...

Well, let's just say that I ran after that. I didn't look back to see what happened. I pushed and shoved my way to the front. I found Elle, then screamed "We're leaving! NOW!!!!". I pulled Elle by the arm, not too lightly mind you, and tried to disappear in the crowd that was leaving concert since it was over. 

I knew where the car was and went straight to it. I threw Elle in the passenger side and ran around to the driver's side, slammed the door shut, started the car to leave. All teh while looking out for what might be running after me. 

Finally, when we were safely away, I related what had happened to Elle. She was staring at me, open mouthed. Surprised and shocked would not be too strong of a description. This was totally out of character for me and she knew it. Then she high-fived me and said way to go. 

So I would suggest not pushing me too far if you know what's good for your hair. Wink Wink.

No comments: