February 17, 2014

I went to Target!

Folks. I took the weekend off. I had such a good evening with my new found friends Elle and Gigi that I said naw to writing. 

That now brings me to what I did do on the weekend. Well, not much. My favorite past time is always shopping. I am a woman after all. I love to shop. I live for shopping. I will shop. Even if it's only Target or PetSmart. Yep that was it. I wondered how I could spend 3 hours in Target. Three whole hours of my life spent inside a bargain department store. 

Granted they have just about everything and it IS one-stop shopping. I managed to get some groceries but they were out of what I really needed. Diet Pepsi (see my other post on this issue.) They had regular Pepsi and Caffeine-free but not regular Diet Pepsi. So I didn't make out there. 

I found the movies section and of course my other compulsion was assuaged there. I found Hunger Games with all the behind-the-scenes action. Yeah!!!. Score!!!!

I then went to the housewares section. DANGEROUS is all I can say. I found the spatula I was looking for ~ on sale even. Score again! I managed to get away before buying any more Pyrex.

I managed to stay away from the household items like furniture and bedding this time. 

Onto to the boring items like which fabric softener do I get this time. Then there is the question I hate to answer - Where is the fabric soap cheaper?  WalMart or here? Hmmmm. So I stand there for at least 10 minutes trying to answer that question. Taking into account that it would take more gas to drive over to WalMart plus my time and energy. There, take that. Hunh. But...... After 10 more minutes of dithering I decided to punt and left it for another day as I had enough at home for this week. 

Now I am to the real reason I am here at Target. Cosmetics. I need to refresh and rejuvenate my supply of age-defying makeup. Well I wont go into all the details if those decisions, that will take WAY too long. Just say it was about an hour, and about 12 screaming children and an immense amount of willpower not to slap someone silly on my part, later that I went up to the counter to checkout. 

Then the real horror started. $175 later, WHAT????, yep. It doesn't jut take a village to look this good but also pile of dough. Now off to work to go.

No comments: