April 22, 2014

What's with the buzzing?


It is a gorgeous night out the other night. I decided to take a walk. Actually I needed to get new light bulbs for my front porch. They have been out for over a week and I have been procrastinating in getting more. So I decided to walk to Lowe's since it's only a couple of blocks away. 

They were closed so I then decided to go for a long walk around the neighborhood. It was really nice. Lot so folks walking their dogs and basically doing he same thing as I was doing. Enjoying the night. 

But the entire time this bleeping helicopter was buzzing. Going around and around. Ok I know they are just doing their job. They are trying to assist officers on the ground in apprehending a criminal of some kind. Usually they have their light on and actively searching when engaged in this activity. But they did not have their light on and were doing really wide circles very low. Go figure. 20 minutes later they are still buzzing. 

Now I am starting to get a bit nervous. Should I go straight home and close the windows and hunker down? Should I throw caution to the wind and say up yours I am going to take a walk no matter what. Should I be looking in all the bushes and making sure no one is 
around that may look suspicious?  Well I decided to go with the "up yours" scenario. 


So here is what I was looking at when I decided this.                 

And this.



And this.


Not a car in sight. No one other than the couple I saw walking their dog. I still don't know what was up. But I kept walking and it felt great to get out and stretch my legs. 

Criminals beware I am walking.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to move to a new neighborhood, I don't even remember what a helicopter sounds like.

Sophie said...

Thanks. I will remember that one. He He He.