April 16, 2014

Girl Talk - It's an addiction

I was talking to a friend last night. We were talking about vacations and where to go and where not to go and why. And as we are girls (I say that loosely since we are really adult women but still we feel we are girls) we had a really good talk for a long time. A really long time. One of those talks that take days! The kind that you interrupt each other to talk. And laugh. And talk some more. And laugh some more. 

This is my baby during that phone call. He is used to these phone calls. He knows that it doesn't matter how much he paws at me, or looks sad right at me that he will not get any attention other than the mildly distracted pet on the head. So he doesn't even bother anymore. He just naps until I am done. 
See?  This is his begging pose. Usually it works. Ha! Not this time buddy.
This is my friend, Krista. She and I will go long lengths of time before we speak to each other then when we do it's like we spoke just yesterday. I love those types of friendships. The kind that last. 

Anyway. We did our usual get caught up that goes something like this.

Me:  HI there.
K:   Hey. Answer this question.

Me: Okaaaaayyyyy.
K:  What does this mean?

Me:  Hunh?
K:  You know. When a guy says this (whatever that statement is.) What does that mean?

Me:  Well.  Let's see. Let me ask first - WHO is this person?
K:  Didn't I tell you?

Me:  Nooooooooooooo
K:  Oh yeah. I met him a while ago at this place I was at with my Mom.  (Then proceeds to relate the meeting and how cute and sexy he is. How they hit it off and how he is such a good kisser, etc. While I am so envious and wanting to have one of my own but still listen and stab pins into my K doll. But that's just me.)

Me:  Oh I see. Well ... um .... I would say .....
K: Really? Well I guess, but wait .....

And it goes on from there. Typical girl talk. I love girl talk!!!!

For all you men out there that is what we talk about. Don't you want in on that? What? No? Why? Fine.

Then there is a lull and one of us has to say it. 

It's like an addiction. 

We try so hard not to say it. 

We may go 15 whole minutes without saying it. But eventually it's just too much.

We need to say it. 

One of us just breaks down. 

TOOOE PIIICK!!!!!! (Said in a high sing-song falsetto.) 

Name that movie. Can't?  Hint - ice skating. Still don't have it?  Ok then. It is a line from "The Cutting Edge".

You see we were neighbors at one time. We used to go out and have a great time or stay in and have a great time at our own "Breezeway Bar and Grill" (another story for another time.) Well one day we watched this movie but in our own apartments and after the movie we went out and talk about this movie we were guiltily watching. Come to find out we were watching it at the same time. We both loved that line. 

So now - you guessed it - we say it to each other every time. Without fail, one of us has to say it.

Ahhhhhhh I feel better now. Don't you? I know she did too.

   

No comments: