April 24, 2014

Breezeway Bar and Grill

What can I say about this? Well I was young and single. I was not in my right mind. That's my story and I think I will stick to it. 

I was living in a small apartment complex. Only 40 units total. It had 5 buildings with 8 apartments per each building. I was in an upstairs apartment (facing west YUK!!! Can we say HOT!!!!) There was a washer/dryer for each building located on the second floor. 

Under the Washer/Dryer room was a breezeway with stairs on either side. I think you can see where I am going here. The apartments were average size and the average configuration. Pretty boxy. 

I had a made friends with another wild and crazy and single woman living diagonally from me. My friend to this day Krista. We would do almost everything together. We would cook meals together, go out on the town together, watch movies (Toe Pick!!) together. We were just really good friends. 

Well it was basically the single building. All of us were single in that building. So we had eight apartments that really liked to party. So one neighbor would pick up a case of beer, another neighbor would cook the vegetable, I would bake the dessert, we would all pitch in for the meat portion and Krista would blend the drinks. Strawberry Daiquiris anyone? Margarita? What ever your pleasure.

Well we also had a dart board and we hung it outside in the breezeway. So we would gather in the breezeway, eat dinner, drink those marvelous drinks, and play darts and visit. 

I need to tell you that the summer evenings in Sacramento area are awesome. After a really hot day of anywhere from 95 to 105 degrees it will cool off to the mid 70's. Really nice delta breeze would come up from the San Francisco bay area as the sun sets. Really, really nice. Great for walks in the evenings. 

Well we would gather outside and enjoy each others' company. But on occasion it would get a bit out of hand. Thank goodness were all home and didn't drive. That probably added to the excess. 

One night we were have a few too many cocktails and it was getting a bit boisterous. I still to this day don't know how this happened but I had a headache and went upstairs to lay down for a nap. 

Lesson to be learned here is LOCK YOUR DOOR! 

I didn't. 

My so called friend, Krista came up to check on me. I was passed out on the sofa which was right by the front door. Krista, having taste tested many of her own concoctions, thought it would be funny to put a dab of shaving creme on my forehead. Well I didn't budge so she took a feather and tickled me until I woke up. And sure as, well you know what, I touched my forehead and thinking it was whipped creme tasted it. 

EWWWEEEE. It was peppermint shaving creme.

By this time ALL of my neighbors were watching and laughing their you know what's off. 

When I realized what was up I decided on retaliation. 

Let's just say that it looked like it had snowed when were done. There were empty cans of shaving creme everywhere and no one had anymore. It looked like something out of The Great Race with Tony Curtis and that famous pie fight they had in that movie. We were all covered in shaving creme and we were slipping and sliding everywhere. All the while laughing and behaving like . . . well like . . . like children. 

Lord it was fun!

Henceforth, from that night on it was called the Breezeway Bar and Grill.              

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I just got to say...those were the days!

Sophie said...

K your comment posted twice so I deleted the duplicate. Yes those were the days!