April 8, 2014

Some ol' pictures I found laying around.

I was going through some old pictures I had on a portable hard drive that I just found. OK, I have been looking for this hard drive for a while - a long while. Well I just found it. It's been lost for years. I wanted to back up my current laptop. Now of course I need to go through and organize them all. A chore for another time definitely. 

So I was looking through it to see what was on it. I was actually looking for some specific pictures and I found them. But the others I was surprised to see again. I cried - sniff sniff blow.

This is my Dad when he graduated from San Luis Obispo Polytechnic. He was an Architectural Engineer for the Army Corps of Engineers for the next 30 years. 

This is what I have always called the Red Convention. What is it with all the red slacks? That is my mother on the right and me - also in red pants - next to her.

Poltergeist anyone? They're heeeeerrree!

My brother when he graduated boot camp as a Marine. He cut a fine looking soldier.

Typical Californians. We are sunbathing together - me and my Mom. Before we knew about skin cancer. Or cared. But to be honest I didn't last long. I got really bored. I never knew how my Mom did it. I was always up and out of there needing something other than baking my pitoonie.

I was even a Cowgirl at one time. Just can't get away from that RED.

Here I am lecturing my Grandpa on the evils of just sitting around and supervising. See how attentive he is for that split second.  Then it was time to turn me around, pat me on the rear and say get out of here. Not really but almost. He was just giving me confidence by pretending to listen to me. He had a lot of practice by then.

My High School Graduation with my Mom on the right and my good friend Nancy on the left.

My two 2nd cousins. They are now grown and have their own families. How did that happen?

Ahhhh. Family photos. This is why we take them. Embarrassing or not, makes sense or not, they are a time capsule unto themselves. Thank goodness.









No comments: