March 24, 2014

Warning! Warning! Warning Will Robinson

That is how I feel. Just like the Robot in Lost in Space with his waving arms and spinning around spouting out the warning to his good buddy Will Robinson. 

I have a really good case of Vertigo. It's that head rush you get when you stand up too fast or get out of bed too quick (not that I could be accused of that at any time in my life). I feel like I am on a twirly ride at an amusement park that wont stop. I have had this for 4 days and this is day 5. 

At first I just thought it would pass. I probably had a bit of some bug that is going around. Days 2 and 3 were much better. It passed when I was vertical. So much so that I went out with a good friend for dinner. I had a really good time. It was a lot of fun. We talked and talked and talked (I know no surprise there). So I wasn't at all surprised that I was tired and a bit hoarse on Day 4. 

Day 4 was the worst. I was so dizzy I couldn't get out of bed until noon. (Again no surprise there.) When I did venture to get up the room really did spin. I was tired but not too tired. I was nautious only because the room was spinning. At this point I was more than a little concerned. I was FREAKING OUT.  

I had already been checking my blood pressure (being the hypochondriac I am) and it was really high. So now I am convinced that I am having a stroke. (Plus I am watching Stories of the ER marathon that had a man with a stoke on it.) I am now really considering going to the ER myself. Do I? Don't I? Back and forth. I started feeling a bit better so I didn't go into the Emergency Room and today I glad I didn't. But still the only thing I could do all day was lay on the sofa and focus on my baby. My baby was whining but I couldn't do anything for him so he finally gave up and laid down next to me. Ahhhhh our critters know.

So now Day 5 dawns. At first I cautiously open my eyes to see what condition the room is in. I see the room stay where it is. Yeah!!!!!! I'm cured!!!!!! Wait . . . oh no I celebrated to early. There it goes. Room spinning Day 5. That's it! Make that appointment. 

So later today we will see if I will be living much longer. 

News at 11.

Update: Well I just have to wait. Positional Benign Vertigo. Great. Medical science can clone a sheep but can't cure my vertigo. Hunh? OK then. 


No comments: