March 12, 2014

Musician

Now that is not an easy word to say. No siree.  That is a difficult word to say. Just ask Elle. She can't say that word to save her life. So let me tell you a little story about a someone who had an itty bitty problem one night. 

So we girls decided to have a bit of good time. We decided it was time to leave the boyfriends at home and shake our tails. So off we go to a dance club. 

We had been to this mighty fine dance club before and we usually have a good time. This night was no different. We took the sister of Elle's boyfriend, who also needed to have a tail shaking good time. 

As the night wore on we attracted our share of very wanted attention. We were lucky enough to have drinks bought for us and had a good time. Well, let me rephrase that. Elle and Carly had a really good time and I (being the self-appointed designated driver) drank soda all night. 

Time to go. I neglected in getting the vehicle keys from Carly earlier in the night. Bad move on my part. At this time I couldn't get the keys away from her. She insisted. To all who are reading - ALWAYS get the keys first. We didn't have far to go but it was still not good move. Carly I apologize.

Carly is driving another friend's big, bada** truck. Elle is in the middle and I am riding shotgun on the passenger side. All is well for the first couple of blocks except... I realize the truck is stuck in the 4-wheel-drive mode. So it's a bit of a monster to handle on city streets. Also, I look behind us and there is a train of cars following us. Evidently the ladies in their joyous time decided to bring the party back to the house. These were all men behind us. I am cringing at this point thinking what are the boyfriend is going to think about this development. 

I decided to deal with that when (if) we get there. 

I say that because Carly took a left corner a bit too sharply. (Understatement here.) I looked out the window and saw the sidewalk. We were on the right two wheels. Before I could even digest that we were in a boatload of trouble (translation: I was in a boatload of trouble) Carly calls out (I kid you not)...

One ...

Two ...

Three ...

LEFT!

We all move left and miraculously we come down on all four wheels. (I personally believe my guardian angel was working overtime and called in the reserves.)

The only bright spot was we lost all the cars behind us. I didn't have to address that other awkward issue. 

We get back to the house and let's just say the boyfriend was not happy. To abate any further hostilities I decided to take Elle back to my place to sleep.

In her inebriated state she insisted she could drive. So I told here if she could say ... (now I had to think of something that was difficult here) I got it ... 

MUSICIAN (she had a crush on the lead singer of the band we saw that night)

If she could say "musician" then I would let her drive. I was in no jeopardy here. I knew this for a fact. I have to admit that her attempts at saying that word were side-splitting. I have rarely ever heard a word so mangled so many times. Finally she gave up and passed out on the sofa. 

It was tough next morning for her but I slept like a baby with a grin on my face.

Moral of this story - GET THE KEYS FIRST! or Designate someone else to drive so I get to have a good time. Take your pick.


 

No comments: