March 6, 2014

Oops! My PHONE!

I haven't posted in a few days. Sorry for that. But I was at a seminar yesterday. It was informative. It was all day. It was eventful. Of course, I was there. He He.

The seminar was at a hotel at UC Davis Medical Center. For those of you who don't know, that is the MAIN hospital in our area. It is HUGE!. It's a teaching hospital and the Shriner's Hospital is right next to it but now it's in the middle of the complex. It has grown so much and parking SUCKS. I forgot that fact by the way. Took me 20 minute to find a parking place. 

All is well throughout the morning. I had put in my order for lunch first thing. Just a turkey sandwich. Nothing difficult. Lunch comes around, I go to pick up my lunch and there is a problem. Everyone is nervous. I patiently wait for my lunch. But they say it will be a few minutes. No problem I will wait. They bring it out and apologize profusely for the error and do I want anything else on the house. I am fine. Say so and eat my lunch. I don't even know what the problem was. The sandwich was really good. But then I was offered free coffee (Starbuck's), free cookies, free chips, etc. And kept being offered despite my repeated replies that all is well. Now this I can get used too. 

I use the facilities before going into the afternoon session. Before I could perform any duties I had the most feared thing happen. Yep. My cell phone fell in the .... let's just say it, the toilet. I saw it falling and was helpless to do anything about it. It made that plop noise too. All the while I started the rant of "No No No NO NO NOOOOO !!!!!!"

Yes there were other people in the restroom. I know they heard me. No one came to my aid tho. I really don't blame them. So I then steel myself and reach in to grab my phone and sure enough the $5 bill I was going to use for my lunch (which was already paid for thank goodness) fell in the same place. Rats!!!  Now I am fishing both out and drying both. 

I finally get everything as dry as I can and move to the classroom for the afternoon session. All is going along to plan. Then all of the sudden a waterfall that I hadn't notice before starts pouring right over my table that I am sitting.  It's wasn't just drips. It was a full blown bucket of water coming through the overhead light. Splashing as it hits the table. I guess I am bound to be having an issue with water that day. 

But then water and electrical things don't go together and the light starts to spark and pop all the while the water is still gush out. I hear a muffled scream (not me but someone else not even near this event) and we all move. Credit to the instructor - he just moves the table and keeps on going. Fairly quickly all is well - the light stops it popping and sparking, the waterfall dries up and we move along. 

What an eventful day. I just bring that in folks I guess.

No comments: