August 2, 2016

Being Single?

Erma Bombeck once wrote a book titled "Life is better over the septic tank."  Well, we always say that the grass is greener over there. I can honestly say that being either single or married the grass is always going to be greener over there.

I am single and I am ready to not be single. I have to admit that there is a freedom in being single. For instance:
  • I don't have to share the bathroom. 
  • I can take as many or as long a shower as I want. 
  • I can cook whatever I want whenever I want. 
  • I don't have to be home at a certain time or check in with anyone. 
  • Plus the most enviable one is I have sole possession over the remote control.

But for the greener pasture side of things:
  • I don't have anyone to share the bathroom with and I miss him shaving and me putting on my makeup and doing my hair tussle. It can be fun. At least that is what I am told.
  • No one to take a shower with either. Hint hint, wink, wink. 
  • I don't have anyone to cook for or have anyone to eat whatever I cook with at the dinning table, couch/sofa, or even on the floor for that matter.
  • I don't have anyone wanting me to come home either. Wouldn't it be really nice to say "Honey, I'm home." And have something other than a meow come back at me.
  • Ok - sole possession of the remote control is cool. But no one to share watching TV with. I am willing to compromise. I think.
There are many other examples but you get the drift.

So what to do about his scenario?  That is where I have a problem. I live in a town that has a ratio of single women to single men is about 8:1. Most of the single folk want to be single. These folks tend to be divorced. Need I say more.  I go to church and there are mostly women and married men.

I don't stay home in my little cocoon all together. I go out to dinner and attend events. As most of my friends will tell you that I am not all that shy either. I will go up and say Hi to someone.

I was at a baseball game with some friends and my single girl friend had her boyfriend with her. And he asked my friend why I was single since I was so fun and nice looking. Note: He said that not me. But wasn't that nice?!  I sure don't hear that very often.

Now I know what you are going to say. There is the online places. Match.com, etc. Well I am old fashioned and I kind of draw the line there. But I am seriously considering it. But other than online, what is a girl (ok a mature woman) to do?

Open to ideas.

Have a great day!!!


No comments: